Re: No source display when debugging via RDI

> CRAP! I know exactly what the problem is, then. Geez, all these little
> gotcha's all over the place. What's happening here is that while gdb
> uses cygwin, tcl does not. We are attempting to stat the file
> "/t/Grante/rpshsi2p/mustang/rpshsi2p.c" using tcl. Well, "/t/..." is not
> a legal Windows path. We need to either convert the path to a windows
> path OR write a routine in C to stat the file for us (so that it will
> use cygwin). Sheesh. I even wrote that mess, and I didn't remember to do
> that!! Shame on me.

I sent a mail a while ago describing how to modify TCL such that stat
(and numerous other commands) would work with cygwin paths:

Modifiying the Tcl_TranslateFileName function, in
insight-5.0\tcl\generic\tclFileName.c as follows
corrects this, and Insight works correctly.

Compare: (<)E:\cygnus\src\original\insight-5.0\tcl\generic\tclFileName.c
   with: (>)E:\cygnus\src\insight-5.0\tcl\generic\tclFileName.c

923a923,927
>     char dos_name[PATH_MAX];
>
>     cygwin_conv_to_win32_path( name, dos_name );
>
>     name=dos_name;

Note that if I happened to have / mounted as E:\ insight
would have worked without the above patch.

Does the RDI stuff work under Cygwin now? I tried a while ago,
came accross the bug above, then found that I had no way to break
my target once it was running!

Tim