Newbie question

I have downloaded the GDB 5.0 release.  I am using this to develop
and debug the MySQL database.  I'm having limited success because
soon after I start debugging, setting breakpoints, etc.. The debugger
core dumps or the mysqld server core dumps.  The mysqld server runs
fine outside of the debugger.

Before I attempt to narrow this down and post specific questions,
I want to be certain that I have built the debguuer correctly.

I am running on RedHat Linux 6.2 2.2.24 kernel.  Are their any
binaries available so I can remove any uncertanty around enviroment
issues.

Thanks...

...MikeF
Mike Furgal                    - The Database Guy
http://www.nusphere.com        - Seriously Open Software
http://www.progress.com        - The #1 Embedded Database
http://www.SonicMQ.com         - Award Winning Java Messaging