Re: Problem running arm code over Jeeni ICE

Ian Thompson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a small piece of test code that is arm-compiled with the GNU
> tools, and I'm trying to run it on a new board with an ARM7TDMI.  I can
> connect to the board fine (when I choose target ARM Angel/Ethernet, it
> says it connected properly, and the physical memory contents are ok).
> However, if I put a breakpoint on my _start symbol and try to run the
> code, I get this error -
>
> RDI_execute: a miscellaneous type of error

Grant Edwards has contributed a nice log facility for the RDI protocol.
These are "mainenance" subcomands (rdilogfile, rdilogenable).

Maybe you can turn these on.  Execute gdb without the GUI to make things
easier to debug (gdb -nw).  Let us know what you got.

P.S.: As this is not GUI related, we may switch this thread to the
     gdb@source.redhat.com
list, as it is a gdb core issue.

P.S.2: I have two RDI targets with the Angel monitor in front of me.
I have no Jeeni ICE target though.

> then the execution SIGTERM's.  Things seem to run fine with the
> simulator target, and I tried to run with the ARM Remote/TCP target,
> but couldn't find a viable port number.

This "Remote" thing requires a stub on tha target that speaks the gdb remote
protocol.  This is not meant for RDI targets.

> does anyone know what are considered "miscellaneous types of errors?"
> any help would be greatly appreciated!

ARM wrote this code.  I've seen this message in some former life, but I can't
recall what was the problem.  Lets see what you get in the log.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com