Re: RFC: gdbtk/TODO file

Mo DeJong wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
> > I have been asking you for suggestions and collecting things to
> > create a TODO file for Insight.

> > TODO:
>
> I would add:
>
> 1) Generic way to set a BP at a given line or function.

Yes, I forgot that one.  I also forgot hardware breakpoints and watchpoints.
Thanks for reminding me.  I will add them to the list.

> Add a entry widget to the breakpoints dialog perhaps?

It is a possibility.

> 2) Improved ability to attach to a given process.
> Right now, the process listing code "exec ps -ef"
> is totally broken on most platforms.

Thanks.  This one goes to the BUGS section.

> >                 New Features and Enhancements
> >                 =============================
> >
> > Display of the target program output.  Perhaps use the XTerm hack created
> > by Tom.
>
> It would also be nice if insight (well gdb actually) could be fixed
> so that it did not freeze up when run as a background process.
> This is a bug but it is also a major "gdb" thing that might
> require a lot of work to fix.

I am not sure if I understood this one right.  I will phone you for
more details.

> > Migrate to Tcl/Tk 8.2
>
> That should be Tcl/Tk 8.3.2 now.

That's right.

> > Fix/revamp the gdbtk testsuite.
>
> I am currently working on a GUI app testing system for
> Source-Navigator. It might be a good idea to use
> something like it for Insight too. Still, this
> is something that will not be "ready" until
> the next GnuPro release.

That is a good idea.  I would like to know more about it.

Thanks a lot (again) for your comments Mo.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com