Re: 2 Segfaults in Insights (Latest CVS)

Steven Johnson wrote:

> I think it could be forced on any Insight by creating a hook on load that
> updates a register to some arbitrary value. For example:
>
> define hook-load
>   set $eax=0x01
>   set $eax=0x00
> end

You know why?

Because the "after idle" event that is causing the damage was created when the first
set command was completed.  As the GUI did not become idle the event was still there
and it happened to occur in the middle of the second register write operation
(from the second set).

Again, very nice detective work.  I thought tracking this down would be difficult
but with all the info you tracked down it will be a piece of cake :-)

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com