Re: insight 5.0 on FreeBSD 4.1 - Possible?

Richard Homolka wrote:

> 4.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE #0:  x86
>
> Is this a target?  I get build problems.  I'd like to be able to use
> this on this platform (GUI's make me have to remember less of my code,
> allow me to concentrate on debugging and not code memorization) but I
> get build problems.
>
> 1) many of the X builds (in tk/unix, itcl/itk/unix, tix/unix/tk8.0 need
> -lXThrStub added to the link libraries on this platform (Xfree 3.3.6)

I don't know much about this one.  Does it build if you add the library?

> 2) It dies in directory ./gdb, choking big time on solib.c, with a bunch
> of structs that are indeterminate for it.

I believe gdb 5.0 sources had a problem compiling solib.c on FreeBSD that was
subsequently fixed.  I don't recall the details.  Maybe you could ask this
on the   gdb@sources.redhat.com   list.  I believe that if you get the latest
sources from   sources.redhat.com  this solib problem won't exist anymore
(can't swear though).

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300