Re: Difficulties while running insight and SN

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Insight 5 and SN 4.52 on WinNT. I often experiments locks with
> Insight while doing remote debugging and when this occurs SN seems locked
> too until i kill Insight: I can't display the SN windows but everything
> return fine once i killed Insight.
>
> Is it possible that it is some kind of lock in a shared library ? It seems
> like a GUI thing more than anything else, at least for SN.

I am willing to bet that you are running SN in the background,
and not actually connected to a termial. This will cause
Insight to lock up when launched from inside SN. This is
a bug in Insight, gdb needs to be connected to a terminal
even in GUI mode.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc