Re: Advance notice: Changes to the Source Window classes

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> Please feel free to comment on these changes.

Will do...

> GDBSrcBar    -  Uses by composition, not inheritance, the two classes above
>                 to create the menu and buttons used in the SourceWindow.
>                 A file with plug-in window definitions will be read so
>                 special windows for specific targets and operating systems
>                 can be added to the menu/toolbar.

Will this mean that a user can customise Insight with their own (local to their
project) set of menus? Without having to add stuff into Insight proper.

> ViewCache    -  The cache part of srctextwin, with the addition of MEMORY
>                 type which implements disassembly from memory.
>
> SrcTextWin   -  In this first step, it is just stripped from the cache
>                 (which is created and used as an object) and handles the
>                 MEMORY case.

Will this mean that we will be able to finally see assembler code when Insight
has no symbol information for the location of PC.

Steven Johnson