Re: Advance notice: Changes to the Source Window classes

Steven Johnson wrote:

> Fernando Nasser wrote:
> >
> > Please feel free to comment on these changes.
> >

> Will do...

Thanks.

> > GDBSrcBar    -  Uses by composition, not inheritance, the two classes above
> >                 to create the menu and buttons used in the SourceWindow.
> >                 A file with plug-in window definitions will be read so
> >                 special windows for specific targets and operating systems
> >                 can be added to the menu/toolbar.
> >

> Will this mean that a user can customise Insight with their own (local to their
> project) set of menus? Without having to add stuff into Insight proper.

Partially true: you will be able to add "plug-in" windows to the View menu.

There are two goals:

1) Allow us to configure or not Windows that should only exist for certain targets
or that showld be configured differently for each target.

2) Allow "plug-in" windows (conditionally) to the View menu.

> > ViewCache    -  The cache part of srctextwin, with the addition of MEMORY
> >                 type which implements disassembly from memory.
> >
> > SrcTextWin   -  In this first step, it is just stripped from the cache
> >                 (which is created and used as an object) and handles the
> >                 MEMORY case.
> >

> Will this mean that we will be able to finally see assembler code when Insight
> has no symbol information for the location of PC.

Yes, you've got it.  I am cleaning things up so I can work on it without
breaking things.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com