Re: Insight 5.0 and GDB 5.0

Eray,

The fact that on SOME versions of XFree86 using X Input methods really slows Tk down, particularly if there are lots of sub-windows, has been reported numerous times on the Tcl newsgroup.  One of the features for 8.4 is a runtime switch in Tk that can turn off the X Input method support - rather than compile-time as it now is...  It does not affect all versions of XFree86, however, and it doesn't affect most other X Servers.  Sounds like you drew a low card here - sigh.  Your best choice for now is to comment the defined for input methods out in the Tk sources, and rebuild...

Sorry...

Jim