Program output

I have a bug report requesting that program output be
directed to a different output window than the console.
On the face of it, this seems like a reasonable request,
however, it seems to me that given such a window, one
would reasonable expect to interact with the program in
it, not just look at the output - that is, that the program
in debug should have it's own i/o window, separate from the
gdb console.

My first thought was that you should use the CLI if you
want to deal with such a program, but with more thought,
it seems to me this would be a nice debugging aid.  You
could interact with the program - even a gui-based one -
inside it's i/o window, with gdb inside the console, and
never the twain must meet (except, of course, that you
can't interact with the program if gdb has it stopped).

Anyone have a suggest for how to proceed?

- Kill the bug report, it's too involved.
- Just do the output only window, not interaction
- i/o sounds like a useful idea, go ahead and factor
  it out.
- something else?

regards,
--
 .-.    .-. .---. .---. .-..-. | "Bill Gates is just a monocle
 | |__ / | \| |-< | |-<  >  /  | and a Persian Cat away from
 `----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-'   | being one of the bad guys in a
       My opinions only.       | James Bond movie." -- D Miller