Re: Lets rename insight to "insight" (imagine that)

Fabrice Gautier wrote:

> And I would had that debian has a mechanisme called alternatives to handle a
> case like this. It would allows to install both original gdb and insight or
> only one of them without conflict and allow you to choose which one is
> really launched by the gdb
> command.
> (Does the debian insight package use alterntives?)

Uh, no. It doesn't use alternatives because we don't think that a graphical
gdb is an alternative for gdb ;) Seriously, there's already gdb5.0 in a
separate package and we think that one of them is not really a replacement
for the other because there might be other programs which would assume
the pure gdb.

> This, in the end seems to be a matter of distribution.
> I don't know if there is such a mechanisme with RPMs, its quite an
> fundamental feature for Debian...

Yes, alternatives are nice. In fact I'd like to make it an alternative
for, let's say graphical-debugger. Something like that.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr