Re: program command line argument

Frederic Heem wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to debug a program called dump with a particular argument ,
> i.e dump -5 elf.o, unfortunatly, in the degug dialog, even though i put
> the line "/home/fred/dump/src/dump -5 elf.o" in the text field
> "Program", argc is equal to 1, therefore the program dump is called
> without any arguments or options. Hopefully, if i open a console window
> within insight, then i type "run -5 elf.o", it works.  I wonder if
> someone else got the same problem.

[Is this in a FAQ yet?]

Short answers:
- Yes, if you type "run -5 elf.o" in the Console Window, it will work as
you expect.
- Alternatively, go to File->Target Settings... and select the "exec"
target. When you do, one of the options available will be for program
args. Just enter "-5 elf.o" there and you're set to go. Clicking on the
run button will pass these args to the inferior. Or at least it should!
:-)