Re: Running Insight from CVS

Larry Smith wrote:

> Something changed in the insight module in cvs from
> sources.redhat.com.  A fresh checkout, config, build,
> and install to a non-default directory leaves gdb unable
> to run.  You need to add a link from the install directory,
> libide/library to share/cygnus/gui.  It took me about a
> day and half to figure this out.  This may be an install
> problem or a configure problem, and I imagine it's related
> to the renaming issue, but I'm not sure.

There are no changes related to the renaming yet.  Nor any other changes in
the install process that I am aware of (well, I've been away three weeks and
may have missed something).

It works for me, but maybe you are doing things a little bit different and triggering
some bug.

What was the configuration line that you've used?

have you specified both --prefix and --exec-prefix or just --prefix?

What is the host?

Where does your "install" program came from?

Have you looked at the log to see if there is any message from install about
not being able to create a link?

Does insight work from the build tree?

--
Fernando Nasser