Broken Xterm

Hello,

I recently configured and built Insight for three embedded platforms (based
on ARM, PowerPC, and Linux).  When in my Gnome desktop, I tried to invoke
insight by running the arm-elf-gdb (I think), but it broke my XWindows.

The explicit error I get is that it can't find the default font 'fixed'.  I
am sending this to you because I would like to understand why Insight broke
my display -- the consequence of not finding "fixed" is that the X
connection to :0.0 is broken.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam