Re: insight crash

Barry Branham wrote:

> GDB (insight) with -nw ran fine with the program I'm trying to debug.
>
> The program I'm debugging is compiled with 'gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red
> Hat Linux 7.0)'.
> The executable is nearly 3Mb.  It's linked with ViewKit (a c++ app framework
> for motif) motif, and X.
>
> I also tried GDB with another program I've compiled recently - gnomine, the
> mines game which is part of gnome-games-1.2.0-9.src.rpm.  On this GDB (no
> -nw) starts but only displays a blank source window.

Can you repost that stack trace again, please.  But do not truncate it.
I would like to see what was being executed at the time of the crash.

With regards to the gnomine game, it is probably compiled without
debugging
symbols.  When insight starts it looks for "main" but if the program was
not
built with "-g" it won't find it and will display an empty screen.  I
guess
we need a "no debugging symbols" warning box....

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300