Re: insight crash

Barry Branham wrote:

> Yes, I clicked run, then the 'stop' sign appears along with the red 'break' symbol but then
> the 'stop' sign goes out and is replaced with the 'run' symbol (man).

That is how it is supposed to work.  Note that inittialy the firs executable line
in main() was highlighted in blue.  After you did run the program and it stopped
there the color changed to green.

There is a status line at the very button that gives indication about the
current status (shared with help information).

> I get a couple of bash errors in the shell window I run from:
> [bhb@vger src]$ /usr/local/bin/gdb /usr/local/bin/gnomine
> /bin/bash: /usr/local/bin/gnomine: Operation not permitted
> /bin/bash: /usr/local/bin/gnomine: Operation not permitted

I don't think this is related to GDB.
Is the gnomine program working properly?

> Here's the debug output:

I didn't see anything wrong in it.  I will turn off some messages though as
it is too much verbose.

The C++ problem seems to be the remaining one.  It is more of a GDB problem
but it is being triggered by Insight when looking for "main".
I will download the library  you've mentioned and try to reproduce it here.

Thanks again for your help tracking this down.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com