Redirecting Standard Input

I have a small Fortran project that reads a data file from standard input in order to obtain required paramaters.  Normally, the code is executed with the following command

    ./multivar < multivar.inf

During debugging sessions on my NT 4.0 box (using GDB 5.0 & cygwin 1.1.7), GDB  or bash is not redirecting the input file to standard input.  However, on my Win98 machine at home, the debugging session runs as anticipated.  The command I use to initiate the debugging session on either machine is

    gdb ./multivar < multivar.inf

Now for my question.  Am I doing something wrong on the NT box or is NT doing something that won't allow the redirection?  I did a search on the mail list archives but couldn't find anything.  I'd appreciate any information.  Also, please respond back to me since I'm not a member of this list.  Thanks

Scott