Re: Option: open thread window on connection

Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
> > I got a request to automatically open the Process Window (a.k.a. "Thread List") when we attach/connect to the program/target.
> >
> > Of course this is not of general liking.
> >
> > But what if we add a preference?  People who are working with threaded applications and/or in threaded environments may like the idea.
> >

> What about using the "after attach" thing. Right now, we just pass this
> pref to gdb_cmd. We could interpret it to open windows or pass commands
> to gdb...
>
> Yeah, it's a hack, but I really hope to rewrite all of this after I'm done
> with the event modelling stuff.

It will have to become something else anyway because gdb_cmd is not going to be there anymore.

As we change it to be a Tcl command procedure (instead of a GDB CLI command), one could open a window using it.  We may add it to the default list of any targets where it makes sense to do it as well (less flexible as several targets share the same database entry -- like "remote").

On the other hand, having the user type ManagedWin::open ProcessWin or things of a sort is not very user friendly.  This thread list thing may be (or become) too frequently used to deserve a simple check button.

I am thinking aloud, so please excuse my mumbling...

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com