Re: Resolving same named files

Hi Fernando,

    Thanks for the reply. Here are some suggestions. I have been
working with Insight and Tcl/Tk for only a month or so. So, please
bear with me if some of the ideas are ludicrous.

    gdb_listfiles() should return the full name of the files. A Tcl
array should map the index in the combobox to the full name. Then
the basename of files can be displayed in the combobox (of the source
window) or the scrolledlistbox (of the function browser). This will
have duplicate file names. To resolve this, a balloon should be registered
which will display the full name of a file when the mouse is on top
of the corresponding name in the combobox or the scrolledlistbox.
Do you think this is possible?

    Another idea would be to have a button which would open something
like a "fileselectiondialog". The nice thing about this is the user gets a
good
picture of the entire work area. But I am not sure how this can be
contructed using the symbol table and what would be the appropriate
widget to use.

    Another problem I have encountered is the presence of asm files.
In our development, we have hand-coded assembly files which do
not generate a stabs entry for the filename. So, it is impossible to get
to the functions in asm files and set breakpoints (other than the GDB
console).
In these cases, it will be nice to have a "fileselectiondialog" which does
not constrain the user to stabs entries. But, the problem is gracefully
handling cases where the user roams to somewhere outside of the work
area which was used to build the executable.

Thanks,
-Raja.