Enhancing Insight To An IDE

I have been using Insight for a short while.  Before that I was mainly using
DDD + gdb.  I think Insight is fairly functional complete and stable.
Thanks for those who put in the efforts of making Insight what it is today.

Has anyone (or perhaps many people) thought about or suggested enhancing
Insight to an IDE that incorporates GCC as well?  It might not be a trivial
effort, but I just want to know if there is popular demand out there for
such an IDE.

Raymond Jou