Re: [RFA] srcwin testing patch

"Martin M. Hunt" wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
> > Finally someone find some time to look into the testsuite.
> > Thanks Martin.
> >
> > I agree with the line numbers fix, of course.  To prevent this from
> > happen again, I think we should copy the files list0.c and list1.c files
> > from gdb.base to gdb.gdbtk.
>
> Maybe.  I originally figured they would never change unless there was a
> very strong reason that would probably apply to the gdbtk test files too.
> I think this logic probably still holds.

I also thought about adding a comment to gdb/base/list[01].c saying that
we use it in gdb.gdbtk tests as well, but it would be a gdbtk reference
in non-gdbtk land, I am not sure that we should do it.

Although not so effective, we can add a comment to srcwin.exp alerting
for that fact.

Anyway, leave it for now.  If it happen again we take some more drastic
measures.

> > W.r.t. the "up when at the top" removal I think we must find a better
> > solution than to remove it.  This is a valid test condition.  CAn we
> > relax the test a bit so it will still check for major breakage and yet
> > accommodate the different results?
>
> Perhaps, but I don't have time now and it would be a very weak test.  If I
> had the time I'd prefer to spend it on some area that is completely
> untested. There are still 7 stack tests remaining, each one tested when
> source files are present, missing and symbols are unavailable, for a total
> of 21 stack tests.

OK, I understand.  Lets set for the following:

Instead of deleting the test, comment it out and add a FIXME to it.
Later, one of us can go there and do something about it.

This will prevent us to forget about testing this border condition.

And you can go ahead and check it in (just post the final version that
has been committed to the list).

Thanks again for the testsuite fix.

--
Fernando Nasser