Re: how to dbg a java pgm ?

>> so once i use gcj to compile we have access to the full gdb
>> features as any other language ?

Not really :-(.

gdb used to work `ok' with gcj.  However this was broken by the recent
ABI changes in gcc 3.0 -- the corresponding C++ changes in gdb broke
the Java support.  Nobody has had time to fix this.  Bleah.

Even when it did work, you could only use a subset of gdb features
with gcj-compiled Java.  You could print values (including Java String
objects), set breakpoints, and the like.  But you couldn't call a Java
method from gdb.

It would be nice if somebody had the time to fix these problems.
Unfortunately, I don't, at least not right now.

Tom