Re: [RFA] syntax error in interface.tcl

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Martin M. Hunt wrote:

> John,
>
> What is the syntax problem?  Looks fine to me, but then again I am a bit
> rusty.
>
> However, not so rusty that I can't see this function does not work quite
> right.  The function is documented as returning a null string if the function
> is not found, but the result of a failed gdb_loc will be a location with all
> the values either null or zero.  This confuses the callers and you can see
> error messages in the debug window about this.  Maybe this is what you are
> seeing?  Here is one possible fix:

Martin,

Yes, I was totally off target... this kinda re-enforces the need for [RFA]
as I made a simple change that seemed right that (apparently) fixed the
problem.

I was thinking about the need of "\" if one doesn't have the "{" on the
same line and it just so happened that I missed where I had also
put "{}" incorrectly that make the code skip the problem.

I just tried your patch and it seems to work for my case.

Sorry for my bogus patch request, I should've been concentrating on it
more rather than looking at a different problem just ahead of it.

John