Re: help, please

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, John Menninger wrote:

>   That is the background for my message.  The web page
> seems to say that once the files are extracted from
> Insight_win32.zip, all will be installed.  But when I
> try to debug from within Dev-Pascal I get only a DOS
> command window, prompted by gdb>.  I assume this
> is the gdb debugger, running in command mode, without
> any GUI (which I assume means with windows, buttons, etc.)

It would certainly seem that you are picking up a command-line gdb.

>   Is it possible to debug in a graphics environment with
> Dev-Pascal?

I don't know, but I'll bet that Dev-Pascal is picking up the wrong gdb.
Can you run the insight-enabled gdb directly by going to the bin folder
and double-clicking it? (It would be in
INSTALLDIR/H-i[56]86-cygwin/bin.) If so, then Dev-Pascal is picking up the
wrong gdb executable. Check your path or maybe there is some sort of
configuration option in Dev-Pascal which will allow you to choose which to
use.

If all else fails, try contacting the authors/distributors of Dev-Pascal
for further help.