Re: Installation problems

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Noam Liron wrote:

> I insatlled Insight on my Linux (Mandrake 8.0) and executed config and
> make bau I can't find the executable thus can't start the debbuger.

Hi,

Ugh. Hate to say this, but it is still called "gdb". So you probably have
"three" versions of gdb on your system:

/usr/bin/gdb -- the version of gdb that came with your Mandrake
                installation (if you installed that option)
PREFIX/EXEC-PREFIX/bin/gdb -- Insight
PREFIX/EXEC-PREFIX/bin/gdb -nw -- the Insight gdb, but using only the
                                  command-line mode.
where PREFIX is the "--prefix" option given to configure (default is
/usr/local") and EXEC-PREFIX is the "--exec-prefix" option given to
config (default is "")

If you type "which gdb", you can easily find out which gdb you're getting.

I will be making an attempt at altering the build/installation process to
make separate executables for gdb (command-line) and Insight (GUI+cmd
line). Expect to see something in the next month. :-)