Bugs/Features

To the developers of the Cygnus Insight Debugger v5.0,

Your visual debugger is my all-time favorite! I use it in conjunction
with Dev-C++ and it performs excellent! However, I've found the following
bugs/remarks in your product that should deserve some attention:

* Please provide a window similar to the "Source is more recent than
executable"-dialog, with a "Don't show this in the future"-checkbox,
and an Preference setting to enable all disabled messages. (This is
often forgotten; as a consequence users become fearful to dismiss a dialog
'forever'.)

* The checkbox mentioned above doesn't work: the dialog keeps popping up
in future sessions.

* Also make the "i386 Architecture file may be incompatible with i386:intel
target"-message box dismissable. After hundreds of debugging sessions it
becomes
very annoying.

* Add a Preference option to completely expand or contract the compound
variables
in the Local Variables-window. This would prove very time-saving,
particularly
with complex data structures.

* (Not quite sure about the exact cause of this one) It appears that when
an array is (re)alloc'ed, it's representation in the Local Variables-window
is not updated. Consider the following code snippet:

struct rec
{
  char c[5];
};

typedef struct rec foo;

int main()
{
  foo* f;
  f = (foo*) malloc (10);
  free (f);
  return 0;
}

This works perfectly well, yet the Local Variables-window doesn't indicate
that
'c' is now 10 characters large.

Please think about these issues.

Kind regards,