Re: Building Insight on Cygwin (bad interpreter)

> Please try checking out the 5.1 branch and building it. Believe me when I
> say you'll be much, much happier that you did.

O.K. will do, thanks.

> I don't know where the above quote comes from, and it may work

from the README file in root of Insight.

> never do it that way. I _always_ build in a separate directory. This keeps
> the source directories unaltered, which allows me to build multiple
> Insights/gdbs for different targets/hosts.

Makes sense.

> What does "ls -l /bin/sh" show?

ls: /bin/sh: No such file or directory

which I guess means I didn't have sh.exe installed so I found one and
then got

-rwxr-xr-x   1 Administ None    68608  Dec  1 1998 /bin/sh

but it still falls over later. (not exactly a new version of sh.exe
1998?)

I'm going to try re-installing CYGWIN and try to get it to install every
file. (thought I did this before)
and also grab the 5.1 version of Insight and try again.

Thanks again.

Pete

 E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.
  E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent.
  Please note that Hitachi checks outgoing e-mail messages for the presence of computer viruses.