Re: Building Insight on Cygwin (bad interpreter)

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 peter.betts@hmse.com wrote:

> > What does "ls -l /bin/sh" show?
>
> ls: /bin/sh: No such file or directory

Aha! Just what I thought! :-)

> which I guess means I didn't have sh.exe installed so I found one and
> then got
>
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 Administ None    68608  Dec  1 1998 /bin/sh
>
> but it still falls over later. (not exactly a new version of sh.exe
> 1998?)

Not a good idea. In the old days, we used to copy cygwin's bash to
/bin/sh, but nowadays, they've much better processes to deal with this.

> I'm going to try re-installing CYGWIN and try to get it to install every
> file. (thought I did this before)
> and also grab the 5.1 version of Insight and try again.

Yes, I think this is the best approach. You don't mention what version of
cygwin you're trying to use, but going to http://www.cygwin.com and
clicking "Install Cygwin now" is the best route to go, given you're
looking at an installation error/problem right now.

Good luck.