Re: Patch: operate-and-get-next

>> What you do is use C-p to find the first command in a sequence.  You
>> use C-o to execute it (like pressing Enter), and when the next prompt
>> comes up, the next command from history is already inserted for you.

Keith> This is too cool. I never even knew this existed! :-)

Yeah.  I've used it every day since I first found out about it.

Keith> I use the console quite a bit, too, but I do it 75% of the time
Keith> because it helps elide problems with gdb and insight getting
Keith> out of sync.(Try up/down in the console window. It doesn't work
Keith> properly.)

Yeah.  I've noticed other things like this, but offhand I don't recall
what they are.  I'll try to start submitting PRs when I find them.  I
know the console is a low priority; that's fine.  But we should still
keep track of these problems.  I'll submit the up/down one.

Keith> Could you change this to the "new" comment format? I know, this
Keith> isn't documented anywhere... I started doing this in
Keith> regwin.it[hb] when I tweaked the register window.

No problem, especially given that you wrote it for me :-)

Keith> Otherwise, APPROVED! :-) (Wow, a new feature. Where's my
Keith> champagne?)

It's in.

Keith> Now all we need to do is get ^R working...

That would be a lot more work :-(

Tom