Re: Patch: operate-and-get-next

On 28 Sep 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I looked into this a bit.  It turns out we already have some of the
> machinery in place to make it work correctly.  All that remains is
> making selected_frame_level_changed_hook do a little more work.

Did I mention that I, too, have a patch to fix this? Well, I have
something, but it's not good enough. Basically, we've got to rewrite the
command line to use some interface that allows for notifications.

The machinery for this in gdb is very, very twisted. (Be forewarned that
very soon gdbtk_update will be DEPRECATED: a nop.)

In any case, at one time I recall thinking that I knew of a way to "fix"
this, even if it is ugly. The problem is, we really only want to know when
the user changes the frame on us. NOT when gdb's internals change the
frame on us. This is the subtlety that I shoehorned around, adding event
notifiers to up/down command. :-)