Re: getenv(DISPLAY)==NULL ==> gdb -nw?

>>>>> "Chris" == Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:

Chris> If we had two executables "gdb" and "insight" then I think that
Chris> would be proper behavior for "insight".  I think that it would
Chris> be surprising behavior for current "gdb" users, though.

I completely agree.  I already rely on this behavior.  For instance if
I run gdb remotely I never type `gdb -nw'.  In a similar vein, running
gdb under Emacs will disable the GUI.  When the gdb/insight split is
done, running insight under Emacs should probably just print an error.

Tom