Re: Stack Window Problem [was: Re: DLLs and Insight...]

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 11:45:36AM -0800, Ian Roxborough wrote:
>Fernando Nasser wrote:
>>
>> Ian Roxborough wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > so I'm still slogging away at the Windows crashing problem and
>> > then I had the problem where I couldn't see the source of the Tk
>> > DLL again.
>> >
>> > Problem: I'm running Insight and Tk segfaults (which I what I want),
>> > but when I look at the stack all I see are "????" where I should
>> > see Tk functions.  I can set breakpoints in Tk functions (which don't
>> > work), I can browse Tk functions in the Function Browser, but can't
>> > see them in drop down comboboxes in the Source Window.
>> >
>> > It seems to me that this is and intermittent problem with Insight.
>> > I checked it against at pre-Tcl8.3 Insight build and could see
>> > all the stack entries without any problem.
>> >

>> This is a common symptom of stack corruption as well.  What does the
>> command like "bt" command shows?  (try it in the console window,
>> I don't think it matters not being in the real console).
>
>bt shows the same as the Insight stack window, i.e. stack
>frames inside the Tk DLL are shown as "??".  Running gdb
>using the "-nw" flags gives the same results.
>
>If it is stack corruption, would it be normal to vary between
>similar versions of gdb?

I just checked in some more changes that deal with DLL loading.
I don't know if they will fix your problem or not.

However, if they don't, I suspect that the "dll" command will
properly load the symbols for the DLL, assuming that there
are symbols in the DLL.

cgf