This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Insight project.
Re: gdb 5.0: a way to set tabs in .gdbinit?
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at cygnus dot com>
- To: <jcunningham at dotcast dot com>
- Cc: Insight Maling List <insight at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:08:58 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: gdb 5.0: a way to set tabs in .gdbinit?
[Moved to insight mailing list.]
On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 email@example.com wrote:
> Every time I launch gdb I end up setting the tabs to 2 (from default 8)
> using the "Preferences/Source" menu. It seems like the kind of thing I ought
> to be able to do from the command line or, better yet, with a line in local
> .gdbinit, but I haven't been able to find a way.
Gdb does not support this feature. It is unique to Insight.
You should need only specify this preference once: it should be saved into
your preferences file. If it is not remembering or applying this
preference, then there is a bug that we need to know about.