Re: Startup with --args

On 20 Nov 2001, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I've been running with my --args patch installed for a while now.
> Hopefully it will get its final approval soon.

Are you waiting on me for something?

> I'd like to check in this patch after my --args patch goes in.
> Ok?

Is there a way to do this without modifying session_notice_file_change? I
don't know. It seems to me that if we want to override the session's
arguments, we should just do that.

> -    # must notice the initial session by hand.
> -    session_notice_file_change
> +    # must notice the initial session by hand.  We pass in the
> +    # arguments, if they exist -- if the user used `gdb --args' then
> +    # we want the new arguments to override the session's arguments.
> +    session_notice_file_change [gdb_get_inferior_args]

Soemthing like:

   set gdb_args [gdb_get_inferior_args]
   session_notice_file_change
   gdb_set_inferior_args $gdb_args

I don't know. It just semes like an odd thing to put in
session_notice_file_change, but maybe my brain is away right now.

?