Re: Adding Registers

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Duane Ellis wrote:

[snip excellent description of register handling in gdb]

One small thing to add (which is pretty obvious, but just to make sure):
Insight gets its register list from gdb. Anything in REGISTER_NAMES will
show up in Insight's register window.

> Doing things like this can be viewed like this:
>
>       You give a somebody a knife.
>       You remind them they can cut themself.
>       They walk away, only to return bleeding and confused.
>       Do you really want to give them the knife?
>       Is the knife really that important?

Very good! Alas, as you, too, have discovered a saying that I've often
used discussing some aspects of gdb/Insight: we cannot prevent stupid
people from doing stupid things. If you give someone a knife, he should
know to use it properly. Misusing it can lead to all sorts of bad things.