Re: untangling c & tcl code

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Duane Ellis wrote:

> We load a coff file contianing the program, but GDB, or maybe it's the
> tcl/tk section does not think it has actually attached to the target.

Ok, let's start with some basic questions. What is the exact procedure
you're using? File->Open... of file and the Run button connecting to
target "Remote/tcp" with "localhost" and port?

Assuming that's the case, what do the following output (in console
window):

(gdb) tk set ::gdb_running
(gdb) tk gdb_target_has_execution

These are used by SrcWin::set_execution_status, which has been a major
PITA since it was first written. It attempts to compensate for the fact
that gdb cannot tell us the target's execution state. I've had a patch for
almost a year now which eliminates this (and gdb_target_has_execution),
but it requires uiout to be working properly. Unfortunately, there is
still one bug in infrun.c which prevents me from using this scheme. :-(

Let's start with the above, though. Usually your symptoms are a sign that
you have a null_ptid for inferior_ptid, which indicates that there is no
inferior.