Re: looking for a way to enter in the file name and line # anddisplay the source code on the screen

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Benjamin Tze-Kit Lee wrote:

> That's not exactly what I want though.
> What I want to do is to create a function that would allow me to type in a
> linespec (ie. pc or file:line number or ...) on the prompt and the source
> code for that linespec would appear on the Source Window in Insight.

Ooooooooooooohhhhh. I see (I think). You want to be able to do something
like:

[in Console Window]
(gdb) view foo.c:23

Then have foo.c:23 show up in the source window, right? That's easy
enough...

There are two ways to do this:

1) Add something to Console::invoke to check for this new "view" command
   and run code like the one I showed in the last message
2) (preferred) Add a new gdb command in gdbtk.c (_initialize_gdbtk) or add
   _initialize_gdbtk_cmds in gdbtk-cmds.c. Something like:

   static void view_command (char *args, int from_tty);

   add_com ("view", class_obscure, view_command,
            "View a file/location in a source window.");
   -------------------------
   static void
   view_command (char *args, int from_tty)
   {
     char *script;
     xasprintf (&script, "[lindex [ManagedWin::find SrcWin] 0] location [gdb_loc %s]",
                args);
     Tcl_Eval (gdbtk_interp, script);
     xfree (script);
   }

I haven't tested this, but I think it should be close...