Re: multi-threaded debugging using Insight

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Bruce Korb wrote:

> > This is version 5.2.1:
> >
> > (gdb) set args man2html.cat1
> > (gdb) r
> > Starting program: /home/bkorb/tools/man2html/man2html man2html.cat1
> > [New Thread 1024 (LWP 1930)]
> > [New
> > Error: Cannot find thread 2049: invalid thread handle
> >
> > (gdb)

> See:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/insight/2002-q3/msg00185.html
>
> That message was copied to gdb@sources.redhat.com, but there
> were no replies from anyone.  After this point in the debugging,
> I cannot do anything at all.  If I avoid the popen call, then
> I don't see this problem.  Pretty sure there must be a connection  :-)
> The platform is Linux 2.4.18 on i686 using whatever GCC SuSE shipped
> with 8.0.

Ah, yes, I remember this now. You're going to have to keep pinging the GDB
folks at gdb@sources.redhat.com. There are far more people there that can
help you with this than there are here. (In case there's any doubt, this
mailing list is essentially just me, with a tiny smattering of input
from others.) The GDB list has dozens of active contributors/developers.

Have you tried 5.3 or CVS head?