Source lines out of sync with instructions

I have seen this with gdb console so I don't think it is a problem with
insight, but perhaps someone can help me.

When I'm debugging the source code lines get out of sync with the actual
instructions.  Why is this and more importantly how do I stop it?

Thanx!