Re: Source lines out of sync with instructions

Can you try and run without the GUI? If when you say step and get into your subroutine you see the same problem (use the list command to print the source lines or look at what was printed by gdb when it stopped -- usually a line number but you may get an hex address instead/as well).

Maybe the version of GDB you are using has a problem with your architecture (insight is just a GUI to the GNU debugger, which still does the actual breakpoint debugging). Is this i386, MIPS, or what?

Regards,
Fernando

Tim wrote:> Thanx! tried -O0 with no luck. Things are still out of sync. It
appears to happen only after I step into a new compilation unit.  That
is, in main everything is fine, but when I break or step into the next
compilation unit things get messed up.

Any other thoughts?