toubles during installation

Hi,
  This is regarding the troubles encountered during the linux server installation.  linux server is installed using boot cd at first. and then,
1. How to install X window server?
2. How to mount a cdrom(ide)?
3. ls commands(/cdrom) lists nothing under cdrom. what may be the reason?
4.autorun(/cdrom) shows error (kfmclient : cannot connect to X server)
I humbly request ur group to mail me solutions for the above problems faced.
bye
rajneesh.

--
Rajneesh Subbaraman