Re: Nokia 7650

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Kai Ruottu wrote:

> ----------------------- clip -------------------------------------
> This version of GDB has been modified by Symbian Ltd. to add EPOC
> support.
> Type "show epoc-version" to see the EPOC-specific version number.
> This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-cygwin32 --target=arm-epoc-
> pe".
> ----------------------- clip -------------------------------------

Ok, so, as you indicate, this version of Insight works with the Nokia 7650
(apparently some sort of ARM device). The target "arm-epoc-pe" does not
exist in the public sources, so I doubt very much that it will work until
the changes they made are updated and included in the public sources.

FWIW, since you have a binary distribution of the tools from Nokia, you
have the right to receive a copy of the source for all the GPL'd tools on
it (gcc, gdb, ld, gas, etc). Nokia must supply these sources,  or violate
the terms of the GPL. This could be used by someone to start the work on
getting this working for the public sources. (Note that one may not
necessarily have the right to their stub program, since this program may
not be under the GPL.)

Of course, in order for any of this to work (and be included in the FSF
gdb), one would need to have the compiler working, too. So this is
probably a non-trivial task.