RE: Compilation of 5.3 on cygwin under Win2000

Keith,

Again thanks. I faced problems compiling under those instructions.
BISON didn't work. I think the help I got here would resolve those
issues though.

I am pretty new to this game of compiling my own stuff straight of the
web so I rely heavily on what I read. It seems that most of it is
developed/tested under UNIX/UNIX equivalents. I understand this and use
Redhat LINUX myself but as most of my clients work in a MS environment
(at least the users) then I am forced to develop in that arena.

Now that I have a working version of TK/TCL/ITCL/BISON can I compile
the latest source of Insight without invoking the new versions of
TCL/TK/ITCL/BISON/etc.? Obviously I cannot use the main ./configure
followed by make. What I would like to do is force make to use the
already compiled versions of TCL/etc. Is this possible without making
major edits to the large make file created by configure?

I have really appreciated your advice with this. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
BlakJak :]

P.S. I am fairly competent at Win API programming but I am not sure
how this relates to TK/TCL never used it before. I was always
interested in developing a full C/C++ GUI for GDB. It seems it would
be a lot easier if the libGDB was up and running. Are you aware of
the state of that?