Re: Insight build problem on cygwin (tentative patch enclosed)

[reply-to set]
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 01:38:02PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>>-  static const struct interp_procs tk_procs =
>>-  {
>>-    tk_init,
>>-    gdbtk_resume,
>>-    gdbtk_suspend,
>>-    gdbtk_exec,
>>-    gdbtk_prompt_p,
>>-    gdbtk_command_loop,
>>-  };
>>-
>>-  interp_add (interp_new ("gdbtk", NULL, NULL, &tk_procs));
>>-
>
>FYI,
>
>Removing from _initialize*() is wrong.  Interpreters should only be
>registered in _initialize*() function.
>
>I think the underlying problem is general confusion over the separation
>of powers between interp_add() and interp_init().
>
>BTW, even with that NULL, it worked for me.  Is there something cygwin
>centric going on?

Don't see how it could be.  interp_set does this:

  uiout = interp->interpreter_out;

So, at some point uiout becomes NULL.  I wiped out my old non-working version
so I can't give the specific instance right now but it seems obvious that this
could happen.  If you set interpreter_out to NULL and call interp_set at some
point then uiout will be NULL.

cgf