Re: Can not view source under windows

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 12:37, Tomas Dahle wrote:

> If it is supposed to work on windows xp, I would like to report that for
> me, it simply refuses to display source. There has to be a reason for this
> however, so does anyone have any idea?

Ok, since you are still having problems, here are some things you can do
to help me (us?) diagnose the problem.

1) Verify that you are using "-g" (or some variation of it) when
compiling. (I know, this is a stupid, stupid thing, but it does happen,
and it cannot hurt to ask.) If you run "objdump --debug" on the exe, is
anything produced? (If you're using dwarf, does "readelf -w" output
anything?)

2) If you open a console window and type "list main", does it return the
source file list for main?

3) Open a debug window ("tk ManagedWin::open DebugWin" at console
prompt). Now select (or enter) "main" from the function combo box. What
is output to the debug window?

4) What is the output of "info func main" (or any other function in your
program? [Type this at the console window]

5) Also at a console window, what does "tk gdb_loc main" (or any other
function in your app) show?

6) Can you describe EXACTLY what you are doing? "I start Insight, select
File->SESSION 1, and it does not show main()" or "I start insight with
filename on the command line, it starts, but doesn't show main".