Re: [Q] Debugging a program with console parameter etc withinsight.

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 16:24, JongAm Park wrote:

> I was sick of the default Unix debugger, gdb.
> I used KDevelop on my Linux, but it has some serious shortcomings.
> RedHat 8.x lacks some header files that should exist.
> So, now I use the Cygwin for writing codes for Unix. And there I found a
> GUI debugger. It's INSIGHT. :)

Insight is gdb. Insight also runs on every platform that gdb does. I use
it regularly on Red Hat Linux.

>       Debugging a program that reads its data from stdin,
>                      for example,     myprog < myconf.txt
>       Debuggin a program that reads console parameter
>                      for example, myprog param1 param2 ..

Both of these could be specified by supplying arguments to the
executable you are going to run. This can be done in two ways: use the
Target Selection dialog (File->Target Settings...). Select the "exec"
target and enter your arguments ("< myconf.txt" for the first; "param1
param2" for second).

Now, if you want to actually have the terminal around for std input, I
think that on cygwin you may be out of luck -- I'm not sure: I don't use
cygwin very much any more, and when I do, it is only for debugging
insight, which is not a command-line application.

However, on unix, you can also select the "use xterm as inferior's
terminal" option in Target Settings to get an xterm open.