Re: Problem with Insight GUI mode

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 04:33, Peter Reilley wrote:
> I have a problem with Insight 5.2.1 cross compiled for the ARM
> processor.   Insight is running on X86 Linux.   I am using Insight
> to connect to a remote target using Redhat's RDA.

[Zowie.. 5.2.1 is old, old, old. Any chance I could convince you to go
to 5.3 or CVS head?]

> When it starts up only the RUN button is enabled, all the others
> are grayed out.   When using Insight/GDB in this manner you
> cannot use the RUN command.    If I open a command window
> and issue a STEP command, then everything is fine, the other
> buttons are enabled.

I'm afraid I don't understand the sequence of events. When Insight is
initially run, only the Run button will be enabled. This is correct.
When you subsequently attach to a target, the other buttons should
become enabled.

Are you saying that after attaching/downloading/etc, only the run button
remains enabled? That's a problem :-). There are a couple of things that
we might be able to do to work around the problem.

Can you open a console window and enter the commands:

(gdb) tk gdb_target_has_execution
(gdb) tk set ::gdb_running

Send the results when you are attached to the target (and the buttons
are disabled).

Try doing "tk gdbtk_update". Does that enable the buttons?