Re: Help with Insight

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 22:52, vadraj kulkarni wrote:
> Infact i had sent a message to the list requesting the version of the insight which got compiled on cygwin. People say if you have a correct version, it will compile. I tried with 5.1,5.2 and 5.3
> In all the cases, "configure" itself hangs. So i request once again, any of you can tell me the version number of the insight and cygwin, which you are able to successfully configure and install and run?.
>
> Infact i have tried all the ways which mr.keith suggested. But nothing helps.

I apologize for the delay -- my cygwin computer has been "borrowed" by
my wife while we quickly try to replace hers.

As someone already said, CVS head certainly works, and you can grab the
gdb package for cygwin.

That being said, I still think there is something wrong with you system.
Try running "perl" all by itself. Does it aslo die?

Another thing to try: run the whole of configure two different ways:

1) use "/bin/bash -x /path/to/configure --prefix=..."
2) run under strace. According to http://www.cygwin.com/packages,
strace.exe is part of a standard install. (So do something like "strace
/path/to/configure --prefix=..." and redirect the output)

One more thing:
What is the output of "cygcheck -s -v -r"?