RE: Building Insight snapshot on CygWin?

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 18:45, Kevin Powell wrote:
> As promised, here is the result of using an unoptimized insight/gdb.  BTW, thanks for the tip on turning off the optimizations.  At least now I can get a usable (not to me, but maybe to others) backtrace.
>
> The executive summary is that the unoptimized gdb behaves a bit better than my first attempt.  At least now I can set a breakpoint and run to it. However, the first time I try to step, gdb crashes with the same segfault as before.  And, to answer your question from the last email, it really is gdb that is crashing -- the target program runs fine both under the distributed gdb and outside of the debugger.  And, now I know the reason why it crashes:

This is perfect! Insight isn't even in the backtrace! :-)

Please send/forward your excellent message to the gdb list. They've been
churning the dwarf2 readers for a little while now, and it looks like
you've either uncovered a bug or are missing a recent patch.

In either case, the whizzes on the gdb list (gdb at sources dot redhat
dot com) will be able to guide you better.

Keith

PS. Your message is perfect! An example session and a backtrace! How
refreshing!